There's no denying that this year has been the most challenging for our industry, however it's been uplifting and heartwarming to see people put the importance of marriage ahead of the celebration, and adjust to the realities of the year. It's been a time where photography and capturing those special moments has become even more important. In a year that's been fraught with concern and worry, we want to celebrate the successes of our industry's artists and recognise the abundance of talent we see throughout the year, and to do so we're kicking off the 3rd annual Magnolia Rouge Photo Awards. Magnolia Rouge has always championed beautiful wedding and lifestyle photography and we can’t wait to see all of your entries from what was a time in our lives we'll never forget.
The competition will be open for entries until Feb 5th 2021. This is the only period that you’ll be able to access the entry form to submit your images. Your entries will be judged anonymously (images will initially be logged by a third party before being presented to the Magnolia Rouge Editor to assess) and winners will be announced in late February. There will be a winner, runner-up and readers choice winner for each of the seven categories as well as the grand prize of Magnolia Rouge Photographer of the Year 2020 awarded. Both film and digital images will be accepted.
The Magnolia Rouge Photographer of the Year 2020 will win the below prizes (total prize value $1200):
- A 9x12 Artisan album (with 15 spreads) from DEKORA ALBUM CO. The Artisan Album is their flagship album hand-made using Fine Art Giclee Prints and a handcrafted cover and matching box.
- A full set of the STOREY COLLECTION BY KINDRED presets. This collection is a celebration of colour, subtle contrast, and stunning skin tones. Jam packed with Kindred's very first profile, industry first “prosets” (profile and preset hybrids) and so much more, this collection is the stuff dreams are made of!
- From RICHARD PHOTO LAB, $250 in processing & scanning AND a fine art print up to 20x30.
1. REAL WEDDING: MOMENTS - We would love to see those memorable moments from real weddings — moments filled with raw emotion, spontaneous laughter, and authentic love!
2. REAL WEDDING: PORTRAITS - We want to see couple portraits, photos of brides with their ‘maids, or epic wedding party shots — send us your loveliest portraits from real wedding days.
3. ENGAGEMENT - We adore engagement images that capture the romance and excitement of couples just before they tie the knot. Whether it’s a blissful couple or a spectacular location, we want to see your favourite engagement shot!
4. EDITORIAL - Here’s your chance to show us your creativity and vision. Send us your favourite editorial images that will inspire and move our readers.
5. TRAVEL - You’ve been travelling the globe with your camera and we want to see your most stunning images from your favourite destinations!
6. FAMILY - Whether you shoot lifestyle or more traditional portraiture, this category is an opportunity to share those meaningful moments you’ve documented for families.
7. BLACK & WHITE - Black and white has a tendency to capture emotion and nuance and we want to see the best of you have of this.
Images above by Raisa Zwart, Jeremy Chou, Steph Wahlig, Amy Golding and Tyler Rye